Financial trading businesses need to demonstrate not only their agility in executing transactions in highly competitive markets but also that those transactions are done fairly, legally, compliantly and with integrity. In today’s high-speed, wide-ranging and constantly monitored markets each financial institution needs to be able to inter-link its own various internal systems with each other and with external services in as efficient, scalable and cost-effective a manner as possible.
ASPone can bring skilled resources and vital technologies to integration projects, addressing aspects that include:
- Data integration,combining data from disparate sources, locations, formats, protocols into meaningful information that can be processed, analysed and forwarded to applications that implement business processes.
- A data integration solution usually consists of the following:
- Adapters for connecting to source or destination applications/services
- Workflow/routing engine for the definition of how the data will flow
- Processors that perform data manipulation, format conversion, analytics on the data
- Infrastructure that facilitates the flow of data like messaging, web services
- Financial integration projects often seek to achieve
- Consistent and universal approach to integration of data and applications
- Agile integration using pre-built adapters for fast, robust and secure implementations
- Providing uniform APIs via service oriented architecture
- Increased data quality with meta-data services, data processing and enrichment
Business examples may include:
- Connecting bank or broker trading services to utility post-trade networks (e.g. TRTN) or clearing facilities
- Payment processing and automated reconciliation (matching of transactions between multiple parties)
- Acquisition of news and pricing data to be used in applications
- Aggregation of trading services for rule based order routing
- Integration of legacy systems with new technology applications for ease of migration
- Capture and storage of business data for analysis and reporting
With more than 15 team years of financial data integration experience ASPone can help your organisation to implement data integration solutions using a services oriented approach (SOA).
- ASPone has broad understanding of pre-trade, trade and post-trade workflows, data formats and technologies.
- Agile approach: Flexible resource management, adaptability to changing requirements, quick iterations.
- Agile teams: Small team of peers, self-motivated, self-managing teams
- Agile project management: Implementation in sprints, delivery and quality oriented, risk driven.
- Extensive experience with Servicemix / JBoss Fuse integration framework, packaged as Transaction Routing Hub (TRH) with financial data components.
- ASPone is a Red Hat Middleware development partner.
TRH as a Framework
Transaction Routing Hub (TRH) is a data integration framework for pre-trade, trade and post-trade data offering guaranteed delivery. Consisting of a flexible routing backbone with a variety of adapters for industry standard interfaces and various 3rd party systems.
TRH can be used for aggregation, routing, caching, storage, processing, reporting and forwarding of financial data and metadata.
TRH utilises Apache Servicemix or Red Hat JBoss Fuse as the technology infrastructure.
Servicemix / JBoss Fuse Advantages
Proven integration environment without vendor lock-in
- Most mature integration platform that is based on open source
- Commercial support is available
- Large community of developers are available
- No cost for development
- Subscription based pricing without a large one-off cost
- Up to 10 times cost savings over two years
More than 200 adapters available
- ASPone has built adapters for financial data providers/services (FIX, Thomson Reuters TRTN, TREP)
- Generic adapters are available for messaging, e-mail, file transfer (AMQP, JMS, SMTP, POP3, SFTP)
- Storage adapters for caching services, sql and no-sql databases (EHcache, Hazelcast, Redis, JDBC, JPA, Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Adapters for off-the-shelf applications (Salesforce, SAP
- Adapters for Internet services (Amazon AWS, Google Apps, Slack, Box, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- For the complete list, see: http://developers.redhat.com/products/fuse/connectors/
Flexible workflow implementation
- Based on industry standard application integration patterns
- Uses XML or Java based domain specific language for versioned, quality assured implementation
Batch, near real-time, real-time data integration
- Secure file transfer
- Reliable asynchronous messaging layer
- Queue based guaranteed messaging
- Pub/sub reliable messaging
Cache, database and big data integration
- In-memory cache for performance requirements
- SQL storage for transactional storage requirements
- Big data integration options for analytics and reporting
ASPone Components – here is a sub-set of the additional components that we have developed for our projects as part of our integration services work for our customers.
- Generic Services
- FIX – Pre-trade, trade and post trade workflows
- FTP/SFTP – Batch file transfer services
- Web Services (SOAP, RESTful) – API provision
- Excel integration – Retrieving or contributing real-time updating data via Excel for ad-hoc data analysis.
- Credit Card Gateway
- Barclaycard SmartPay – Credit card payments
- E-mail Notification
- Amazon SES – For template based e-mail notifications
- Transaction Logger / Search
- Elasticsearch – For searchable transaction logging